Porsche 911 1973 RS Recreation
- 4 years in the making we have now in our possession what we believe is the best 1973 911 RS lightweight recreation to date
- A hand built 3.5 litre engine with Mahle pistons & barrels -10.5 compression - GE 80 Cams - Carillo Rods - Crankase dowell pinned & gas flowed - Twin plug heads & single 12 plug distributor - PMO 50mm carbs - Smart racing ceramic coated 1 & 2/4 inch headers - MSD ignition system - BS Motor sport switchable RSR exhaust - The engine was setup on a full dyno rig and now produces a healthy 328 bhp with 280 lbs/ft of torque at 7500rpm
- Originally based on a 1987 3.2 Carrera G50 gearbox. The car has had extensive work to ensure the outward appearance mimics that the the original 1973 RS some of these modifications included a new roof panel - re profiled wings - correct RS bumpers & spoiler - period anodising to window &windscreen surrounds - original RS light clusters & wing mirror
- The interior benefits from a full FIA approved roll cage - Renn sport seats in Alcantatra & leather - Alcantara Dash & Door Card Tops
- Classic Momo 3 spoke Steering Wheel - Lightweight Carpets - Electric heated front screen & leather door pulls
- The entire running gear has been entirely replaced with new components some of these are billet aluminium six pot callipers - Koni shocks - Aeroquip hoses - Poly bushes & motorsport hollow antiroll bars
- This is just a summary of the cars components the entire list is to extensive to put into words
- To say the car is an impressive piece of engineering is an understatement & with a total weight of just over 1000lbs it is ballistically quick.
Warranty and Preparation
All of our cars are prepared to an exacting standard. We offer free of charge a bespoke 2 year parts and labour warranty (unless otherwise stated) specifically tailored to meet the needs of modern Porsche sports cars. Unlike some generic warranties, our guarantee extends to anomalies such as bore scoring, intermediate shaft bearing, rear main oil seal, AC condensers, radiators and sensors to name just a few. Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss our warranty in greater detail.
In addition our cars are supplied with...
- 12 Months MOT
- A thorough independent multipoint mechanical inspection and rectification of faults found carried out by a renowned Porsche specialist.
- HPI clear and national mileage register check with certificate
- At least 6 months or 6000 miles away from the next service
- All tyres have the correct speed & N rating and a minimum of double the legal tread depth limit
Further Information about our preparation standards can be found on our Quality & Standards page.